Oct 2, 2012

Imitation / Originality.

I am too easily influenced - influenced by people, ideas and society in general. I spend so much time imitating because of my fear of failure and the unknown.  It's the feeling of being lost that leads me to imitation, instead of embracing the risks that come with originality. With that said, in the future I'll be stronger and braver, creating new ideas and being the inspiration for other people.

Along with originality comes wit and creativity. I have realized that the more you put yourself out there, the easier it is to be creative. I envy those who are quick minded and intelligent, able to think of outside the box answers in a split second while I sit here for hours with cliche and boring responses. Perhaps my lack of risk-taking has a role in my lack of creativity because for the past sixteen years of my life I've lived timidly, never participating or volunteering. Maybe this is why I'm stuck with essay ideas that resemble those of every other high school senior applying to college.

If you're not willing to risk it all, you don't want it bad enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment