Jan 9, 2014

2013 in review.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.


I started the year off right with my friends. SSK was formed because of our romance woes. I went to the senior dinner cruise. I saw Ed Sheeran with Francesca at Radio City Music Hall. I participated in a Grammy party with my friends. Went on my first date, got my first kiss, etc. Went on my first late night drive to a diner with many more to come including trips to Wawa. Played the Karen and Stephanie playlist during said drives around with Clarity being the song of the year for Karen and I. Went on a trip with my orchestra to Maryland and Washington D.C. I saw Daughter for the first time at the Bowery Ballroom with Anna. Finished my last three AP tests ever. Saw Marina and the Diamonds at Central Park with Karen. Went to prom with my bestie. Went to Gov Ball, my first music festival and saw the best concert of my life, the xx set. Through all of senior year, I went on countless trips to Sens, skipped school to go to Ihop to get free pancakes, went to Mainstreet and PJ's Pancake House. I frequently ate at Cheeburger, Sushi Palace, bubble tea and It's a Grind at Plainsboro, Princeton dinners with Francesca and sweet cream ice cream from Thomas Sweet. Joined New York Sports Club and attended Zumba, step, cardio kickboxing and cycling classes. I donated my hair. I graduated from high school. Karen and I were photographed by Chinese tourists in Princeton. I had a black and white picnic with my friends. I frequently watched the sun set on the roof by the lake. I watched all of the High School Musical and Cheetah Girl movies with my girls. I had another Fab sale before the end of summer. I moved into my dorm in NYC and started college. I went to my first secret show, Big Sean at Terminal 5. I went to the US Open. I worked my first job at the Made in America music festival. I went to NYFW and met Aimee Song! I saw Alt-J and the xx for the second time. Became regulars at Amorino Gelato and Cozy Soup and Burger with Karen. I went to Stage 48 rooftop party with Karen with fancy hors d'oeuvres. I saw Daughter for the second time with D at Terminal 5. I saw Shakira with Karen for free the day before my calc midterm. I went on a West Village food tour and stopped by the Goorin Brothers second anniversary party where I ate the most delicious s'more. I wrote my first article for the Washington Square News about Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. I saw my first Broadway show for free, Kinky Boots, courtesy of Stern. I visited RPI twice. I spoke in front of EEG and became the head of speaker series, an executive board member. Karen and I went to the Glitter Vault and Sander parties where we were photographed. I photographed Metric, Lissie, Kopecky Family Band and Chase Cohl for the Washington Square News. I turned 18. I went to two Athleta parties. Karen and I saw Ariana Grande for free at Rockefeller Center. I went to my first basketball game, the Nets versus the Celtics with D. Went to Refinery29 Tinseltown launch party with Karen and took pictures on their photo booth. I watched the Nutcracker by the ABT for free. I pulled an allnighter with Karen and tried a cronut. I survived finals, finished my first semester of college and went home for break. I celebrated Christmas and the holidays with my family. I ended 2013 with strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment